1.3 bn people live without access to electricity and millions more suffer from unreliable grid connection. They use expensive, dangerous, unreliable fossil fuel-based products and lack access to products and financing to buy solar-based alternatives.
MPower is a tech4impact venture tackling the challenges of energy access and financial inclusion in emerging markets. EnergyHub provides and finances affordable software-backed clean energy products through microfinancing (local partners) and a rental system (end-customers). Software enables connectivity and integration of mobile money.
• Financing scheme allowing for product affordability.
• Credit risk mitigation via financing scheme and software solution.
• High-end software for data collection, operations optimisation.
• Plug and play, mobile and affordable hardware.
• Scalability through B2B partnership model.