Tech4impact venture tackling the challenges of energy access and financial inclusion in emerging markets
1.3 bn people live without access to electricity and millions more suffer from unreliable grid connection. They use expensive, dangerous, unreliable fossil fuel-based products and lack access to products and financing to buy solar-based alternatives.
MPower is a tech4impact venture tackling the challenges of energy access and financial inclusion in emerging markets. EnergyHub provides and finances affordable software-backed clean energy products through microfinancing (local partners) and a rental system (end-customers). Software enables connectivity and integration of mobile money.
• Financing scheme allowing for product affordability.
• Credit risk mitigation via financing scheme and software solution.
• High-end software for data collection, operations optimisation.
• Plug and play, mobile and affordable hardware.
• Scalability through B2B partnership model.