Hydrogen bromine flow battery.
Given the unpredictability of renewable energy producers such as sun and wind, grid owners are looking for cost-effective means of storing electricity. This is essential to solve issues such as instability and overload of the electricity grid.
Elestor electricity storage systems are based on hydrogen bromine flow battery technology. Originally developed by NASA, Elestor has further engineered the concept to enable its use in a wide variety of grid and industrial applications.
• Fast reaction kinetics, resulting in very short response times.
• High accessibility, enabling easy maintenance and updates.
• Independent configuration of storage power (MW) and capacity (MWh).
• Modulary scalable, up to 10s of MW and 100s of MWh
• No self-discharge when system is idle.
• Storage costs per MWh 5-10 times lower than incumbent systems.
Elestor has developed flow batteries with an extensive lifespan that can store electricity safely and at a fraction of the cost of traditional batteries.
Elestor has developed flow batteries with an extensive lifespan that store electricity safely and at a fraction of the cost of traditional batteries. The low cost active materials, hydrogen and bromine, combined with a patented and simplified system design have resulted in a storage system that operates at an unrivalled cost level per kWh stored.