A superior design in a direct driven in-wheel motor placed inside the rim of a vehicle
The propulsion architectures within current electric vehicles do not exploit the versatility and potential of electric motors.
Elaphe Propulsion Solution offers a superior design in a direct driven in-wheel motor placed inside the rim of a vehicle. Recent developments in electromagnetic research enables the use of direct driven electric motors for passenger vehicle operation, ensuring adoption in the largest segment of the automotive industry. A larger design space, a lower centre of gravity, and the reduction of required parts for any vehicle has cost reduction potential.
• In-wheel architecture offers: integrated corner possibilities with benefits in agility and manoeuvrability.
• No gearbox or drive-shafts.
• Grip control.
• Safety benefits.
• SW upgradeable advanced functions add-ons.
• Direct-drive – avoiding mechanical losses.
• Front trunk possibility and minimal powertrain footprint – increased cabin space.
• Shorter assembly lines – less overheads.
• Advanced manoeuvring capabilities.