The insufficient power density and significant production cost of current hydrogen fuel cell systems affects the competitiveness of fuel cell technologies in various market segments. There is also a requirement to lower the precious metals content.
The solution is an improved membrane-electrode assembly (MEA) component for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells (PEM FC) with a better catalyst, which delivers more power with less platinum used, and a new production method that is more reliable, modular, and has lower capital expenses (capex).
• In the market segment of 1 - 10 kW FC stacks for stationary applications, the product offers:
• Lower production costs for stack builders by 18-29%.
• Increased power density by 30%.
• Increased efficiency by 10%.
• Increased durability by 50%.
Mebius solution allows to double the power density of hydrogen fuel cells. New advances in catalysts, polymers and production methods have enabled a drastically better product to be offered to the market, which can lower production costs of clients by up to 33%.