Smartroof produces and installs solar roof tiles with integrated photovoltaic elements, better known as Suntiles.
Smartroof is a Belgian company that develops, produces and installs solar roof tiles. Smartroof’s Suntiles have an integrated photovoltaic element, to be used for renovation and construction alike. Thanks to their low weight the tiles are suitable for both existing and new roof structures.
A lot of people are interested in solar energy but aren’t fond of the aesthetics of standard solar panels. Smartroof’s Suntiles offer an alternative.
Smartroof’s Suntiles are completely integrated in the roof, making the photovoltaic elements look very aesthetic and natural. They can be combined with several sorts of ‘classic’ tiles (Neopan/Renopan, ceramic). Integrated cooling channels result in an important increase of efficiency and lifespan.
- Aesthetic solar panel solution
- Easy to install, no special chassis needed
- Smooth integration with ‘classic’ (ceramic) roof tiles
- Partly made from recycled materials: cradle-to-cradle
- BIPV with internal cooling solution and heat recuperation
- Cost-effective: financial return in 10 years
- Easy to repair
- High efficiency: 125 Wp/m²; full energy coverage is possible
- Modular solution: electrical circuit formed by clicking all tiles together
Clement de Meersman