InnoEnergy provides support for finalising and commercialising technological innovations that lead to new products and services.
The built environment accounts for 40% of the world’s energy consumption. Creating smart and efficient buildings and cities is therefore key to sustainable development. The goal is to achieve comfortable, affordable, near zero-energy buildings, upgrade ageing energy infrastructure, enable ‘prosumers’, integrate distributed energy resources, and encourage integration across different energy carriers and IT infrastructures at the city level – all in a series of highly fragmented, local markets.
InnoEnergy is fostering innovation that:
- Supports deep renovation of existing commercial and residential buildings.
- Creates more energy-efficient and sustainable heat pumps, heating, and air-conditioning systems.
- Enables more effective use of local energy supplies, and storage capabilities.
- Supports interaction between local energy networks within the city.
- Improves comfort levels and general user acceptance of energy-efficiency solutions.
- Creates cost efficiencies for urban energy networks.