- Pro-Drone wins the first prize for the best pitch at the TBB. 2015 in Berlin.
With these words, Pro-Drone team -a start-up supported by KIC InnoEnergy- talked during their pitch at the TBB. pitching contest on Thursday 22 October, being declared the absolute winner among the five finalists, and awarded €10.000 and the nomination to represent KIC InnoEnergy at the EIT Venture Award 2016. The second prize for the best pitch went to Gradis and the third prize to Eco-Dryer Systems. Both of them winning a €3.000 cash prize.
At the contest there were 2 rounds. The first round aimed at choosing the 5 finalists and the votes were made by everyone attending the event. On the second round, the jury voted and chose the three winners.
The jury commissioned to select the winners was composed of:
- Kurt Kaltenegger: group Vice President / Head of Technology ABB Technology Ventures
- Ines Bergmann: Investment Principal – EON SE
- Corine van Woudenberg: Senior Investment Manager – Triodos Bank
- Christian Muller: CC Manager KIC InnoEnergy Germany
- Matias Torrellas: KIC InnoEnergy Portfolio Manager
At the end of the event KIC InnoEnergy talked to the winners and they were not able to express in words how important the TBB. event was for them. “Today has been a great day for Pro-Drone” they said.
Congratulations from the whole KIC InnoEnergy team!
Pro-Drone develops technologies to carry out the inspection of energy infrastructures, using cost-efficient, robust and automated airborne solutions. Pro-Drone is focused on solutions for wind turbine blade inspections, particularly offshore, and transmission lines. Pro-Drone’s approach is integrated and involves a customised hardware platform, tuning flight algorithms, specific sensors and tailored post-processing software that can streamline and automate the process.