All of the PowerUp! competition Country Finals are behind us and we already know all of the Grand Final finalists. It`s the fourth edition of the start-up competition, with a record number this year of 299 applications from 24 countries in Central and Eastern Europe, organized by InnoEnergy.
Meet our Finalists:
- Hempire, Winner of the Country Final in Ukraine
- My Water, Winner of the Country Final in Slovenia
- Neuron soundware, Winner of the Country Final in the Czech Republic
- PowereX, Winner of the Country Final in Slovakia
- Recytrust, Winner of the Country Final in Greece
- WellParko, Winner of the Country Final in Lithuania
- Indoorway, Winner of the Country Final in Poland
- Solagro Smart Recycler, Winner of the Country Final in Serbia
- Craft Bicycles, Winner of the Country Final in Romania
- MAZZY, Winner of the Country Final in Latvia
- Mobile Vehicle Technology, Winner of the Country Final in Croatia
- BES Europe, Winner of the Country Final in Hungary
- Zubax Robotics, Winner of the Country Final in Estonia
- Reengen, Winner of the Country Final in Turkey
- Diesel express Tester (DET), Winner of the Country Final in Bulgaria
All of the Country Finals were organized in cooperation with InnoEnergy HUBs in the region.
Prizes and Partners
On 19th June, the start-ups will compete in Prague and fightit out for €30,000 and the chance to participate in the Highway® Accelerator. The Highway supports early-stage start-ups in their go to market phase. PowerUp! it is also a chance to attract investors, for example from among the PowerGold Partners of the Competition:
- Zsolt Winkler, Head of the Open Innovation Hub at MOL Group commented:
“PowerUp! feeds us with fresh, crisp ideas and solutions from all around the region. We are proud to be sponsoring the event for the second time. As we are transforming our company, engaging with start-ups through competitions like this plays an extremely important role in our strategy.”
- Ms. Gul Erol, Enerjisa CTO:
“We know we can grow into the fast-changing future with sustainable solutions via innovative and agile startup partnerships. As Enerjisa we are proud to be a part of PowerUp! that unites us with the most striking ideas from all around Europe.”
- Michał Maćkowiak, Head of Innovation Rafako S.A.:
“We are very pleased this year that not only companies from the energy industry, but also those from the spheres of electromobility or smart cities took part in the competition. The competition is developing in the same direction as RAFAKO, in that it is looking for opportunities in addition to the energy industry to diversify revenues in the areas mentioned above.”
Before the Country Finals, participants took part in special bootcamps, where the support of mentors and coaches helped them to check their business model. Bootcamps are the part of the competition that sets PowerUp! apart from its competitors: these business workshops contribute significant added value, not only for the winners, but for all participants.
Additional workshops await the Grand Final participants in Prague, before final pitching.
Join us there by registering at: https://powerupfinal2018.eventbrite.com
Get to know more at PowerUp! blog: https://powerup.innoenergy.com/en/blog