Microlubgear is a new concept for lubrication systems that takes advantage of the volume in gear dedendum to embed a micro-fabricated part that continuously supplies fresh grease at the contact region. The system takes advantage of micro-technology and micro-tribology to fabricate a micro-nozzle that is the base of a new generation of high efficiency automatic lubrication systems.
Reduce energy generation losses due to losses of efficiency and downtimes due to failures involving corrective or preventive maintenance of wind turbine pitch and yaw gears.
- Product validated in test bench: Sep 2014
- Product validated in wind turbine: Dec 2014
Unique Selling Proposition:
- Direct workspace lubrication
- No energy production losses
- Low cost
- Possible integration into any wind turbine
Project Coordinantion and Management:
- Wind turbine manufacturers
- Gear manufacturers
- Automatic lubrication system manufacturers
- Wind farm owners