Development of innovative instrument for express control of quality of natural gas
With gas market liberalization in the EU, relevant gas properties are expected to vary more frequently and strongly due to intermixing of gases from different suppliers in the pipeline, injections of bio-, shale and hydrogen gases. These gas quality fluctuations have strong effects on domestic, commercial and industrial gas applications. As a result, it could lead to energy bills overpayments, non-efficient appliance operation, increase of CO and other emissions, reduction of equipment maintenance intervals or lifespan and even equipment failures. As opposed to former selective controlling practice at supplier side, a continuous control of quality characteristics of consumed natural gas at end user side is much needed on the world gas market.
GasQ-1 – a measuring instrument for express control of quality characteristics of natural gas.
Main advantages and features of GasQ-1 (relevant for customers/end-users):
- express real-time control in continuous mode
- no need of specifically qualified personnel
- comparably simple technical implementation & lower price
- portable and customizable implementation
- low operation and maintenance costs
Ongoing project (duration: 2014-2017)
Project Coordination and Management:
- KTH – Royal Institute of Technology
- Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches e.V. (DVGW)
- GasQual AB
- JSC “Ivano-Frankivsk Cement”
- SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden