The main needs of thin film CIGS PV manufacturers to be competitive in the current PV market are:
- Increase the module output through a higher conversion efficiency.
- Reduction in module manufacturing costs through higher production yield.
- Reduce balance of system costs (racking, mechanical and electrical installation).
- Ability to address market segments which are less accessible for wafer-based technology.
The back-end interconnection system will be developed for thin films CIGS with the following characteristics: 10% higher product quality at 20% lower costs in standard production, and increased added value by product customisation.
Improved product quality:
- Reduction of dead zone by reduced misalignment.
- Printed fingers to enhance charge collection combined with higher TCO transmission.
- Increasing the production yield.
- Enabling less costly CIGS manufacturing processes.
- Process development: WP2 development of inks and ECD materials.
Project Coordination and Management: