Wet biomass is a large and heavily diluted resource that provides no energy or nutritional value and thus it is considered a waste product. Currently, drying processes for wet biomass consume too much energy and are too costly.
The Biomass CLS Dryer is an efficient standalone biomass drying unit that can be used for a wide range of applications, or one element of a process chain leading to the production of a highly calorific product with relevant nutrient concentrations for recycling.
The product combines drying with steam gasification such as energy conversion and nutrient recovery.
The Biomass CLA Dryer features:
- Able to dry to high dry matter levels >90% with fibrous (fluffy) product
- Completely closed process (no gaseous emissions)
- Few mechanical components, ATEX safe
- Highly energy efficient, low internal energy consumption: less than 400 kWh/t water
- No need for gas cleaning stage (no odors)
Saves >50% drying energy compared to industry standard: savings ~400 kWh/t water, i.e. 20 €/t water (@ 5ct/kWh)