Development of a Coal Gasification Technology for High-Efficiency Fuel and Power Production
In the project, the energy from renewable sources (biomass) and low-grade coals is used. As a result, the fuel solid with stable parameters is obtained. This fuel is designed for innovative combustion and gasification of clean energy from coal. Used in the drying device technologies are new in the market and allow to increase the speed of the drying process.
The market for the product is based on gas fuels and coal, mainly on Polish territory where energy production from coal constitutes the main position in a structure of energy acquisition sources, is meant to be a trade area of the analysed facility.
The results obtained within the Project should determine the priorities of coal technology development and enable strategic decisions regarding:
- Development of clean coal technologies,
- Diversification of fossil fuel resources for chemical industry,
- Improve energy security of EC countries by use of products produced from gasification of coal,
- Chemical sequestration of CO2 produced in coal gasification,
- Improve efficiency of power production from coal,
- Reduction of CO2 and Hg emission,
- Fuel preparation for gasification and combustion.
Recent most significant achievement is the ongoing process of building the experimental demo installation for running tests of mercury monitoring and removal in selected electrical power Plant Laziska. After several months of works and consultations the project entered the stage of execution . The final readiness of the construction has been decided on May 30th 2014.
Project Coordinaton and Management:
Project Manager: Janusz Gołaś
- AGH University of Science and Technology
- Central Mining Institute
- Institute for Chemical Processing of Coal
- Tauron Wywarzanie S.A.
- Promont Sp. z o.o.
- Syngaz Sp. z o.o.
- Zakład Aparatury Pomiarowej KWANT Sp. z o.o.
- Katowicki Holding Węglowy S.A.
CoalGas will deliver the following products and services:
- A demo installation and a procedure for the mercury removal from combustion gases.
- Technology for composite fuel based on low-quality hard coal or brown coal and biomass with additives for high fuel qualities.
- Know-how for impact dryer (capacity of 10-100 t/h) to be sold as a license, covering protected and unprotected knowledge.
- A solid recovered fuel (SRF) gasification technology for CHP units based on fixed bed reactor (GazEla).
- Method of utilization the gas from underground coal gasification (UCG).