Supporting the market for building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV)
The following customer needs have been detected:
- Need of specific design tool for Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) products: simulation tools currently available do not focus on BIPV, and do not take into account the building related aspects of the PV installation design process. AW-BIPV will be the only tool in the market offering this integrated approach.
- Need of a library of standardised BIPV products: designers may not be PV experts and need access to a wide range of pre-designed BIPV products with known properties. The other way around, this is a powerful marketing strategy for PV manufacturers.
- Compliance of BIPV products with legal requirements: a major concern for designers is the compliance of the project with legal requirements when innovative products are introduced. The programme will check the commitment of the project with energy-related legislation and generate the corresponding documents at national level.
- Establishing bridges between architects – engineers – PV manufacturers: BIPV projects often lack proper collaboration between the different parties involved. AW-BIPV is designed to facilitate this interaction.
The BIPV-Insight projects is developing an accurate, user-friendly, integrated software tool for performance prediction of BIPV and BAPV (building-adapted PV) products. Customers will be able to know, with an adequate degree of accuracy, which is the real performance of any particular BIPV system installed in a building, and its impact on the energy performance of the building itself.
- First commercial version to be launched before end 2016.
Project Coordination and Management: