This week InnoEnergy Central Europe attended Impact mobility rEVolution in Katowice. The event covered thematic fields such as:
- Connected & automated driving (CAD);
- E-mobility and fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEVs);
- Urban mobility;
- Freight transport and logistics;
- Evolving business models and new methods of transportation;
- Environmentally-friendly sources of energy and energy storage;
Together with Kurt Vandeputte (Umicore) and Wojciech Satora (Grupa Azoty), Bo Normark was a panelist during discussion on “Future of energy storage – technologies for sustainable economy”. The following topics were discussed:
- Developing battery technology;
- Cooperation with universities and scientists;
- Managing the complexity of storage;
- Substitution for cobalt mining.
After the discussion, Bo Normark had a keynote speech on European Battery Alliance. He spoke also about NorthVolt, the first large-scale battery factory in Europe. During his presentation he explained what the European Battery Alliance is and what are the possibilities of forming project groups and develop concrete project ideas based and backed up by EBA and EU’s Action Plan.
Bo Normark is Thematic Leader of Smart Grids and Electric Storage at InnoEnergy, an expert in smart transmission grid technologies, member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Science.