Energy storage will be a key component of the sustainable energy system of the future. As energy storage technology accelerates, a highly skilled workforce along the whole value chain needs to be developed and strengthened. EIT InnoEnergy leads the industrial work stream (known as EBA@250) in conjunction with 120+ European and non-European stakeholders from across the entire value chain. With this event our goal is to match existing courses and trainings to the gaps identified by industry actors.
During this matchmaking event we bring together key players in energy in order to identify and develop the missing skills needed for a highly qualified workforce in energy storage. As a course producer you can get in touch with the HR experts Learning & Development within the energy industry and tackle the skills gap firsthand. As an HR expert L&D you get the chance to influence the battery education offer directly in just one day. In this way, we aim at re-skilling and upskilling employees with the purpose of creating a broader talent pool.
“This event offers an unique opportunity for attendants to connect and learn from each other about the skills and the workforce needed to make the future of sustainable energy systems happen. There has been a lot of talk of the energy transition but the ones solving the talent puzzle are at the vanguard. InnoEnergy offers a variety of courses and trainings in energy storage, but we are constantly looking for new ways of learning to develop the skills of the future. Let’s connect”, says Frank Gielen, Director of Education at EIT InnoEnergy.
Want to be part of this top-notch event? Register now via this link!
- 9.30h: Registration & Coffee
- 10.00h: Welcome and Introduction; Bo Normark, Thematic Leader Smartgrid and Storage at EIT InnoEnergy
- 10.30h: Europe’s need for flexible reskilling; speaker tbc
- 11.00h: Using AI to identify the Skills of the Future; Lizhen Xu, Senior Green Jobs Specialist at CircularEconomy
- 11.30h: Workshop: Shaping educational offering of the future
- 13.00h: Lunch
- 14.00h: InnoEnergy’s efforts in the Skill Gap and Next Steps; Frank Gielen, Director of Education at EIT InnoEnergy
- 14.30h: Pitching Session: Educational offering in Battery Landscape
- 15.00h: Conclusions; Bo Normark, Thematic Leader Smartgrid and Storage at EIT InnoEnergy
- 15.20h: Matchmaking Fair
- 16.00h: Networking reception
- When: 5 December 10-16h
- Where: The Egg, Rue Bara 175, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
- Participation is free, registration mandatory. Register via this link