- KIC InnoEnergy SE (“KIC”) is processing personal information submitted by a natural person (“Data Subject”) in the context of his/her application and/or attendance of one or more of KIC’s educational programmes (“Data”), in his/her quality of Applicant (i.e. any student that submits an application for one or more of KIC’s educational programmes, of Student (i.e. any Applicant admitted to one or more of KIC’s educational programmes), or of Alumnus (i.e. any former Student) for the following purposes:
a. to apply to a KIC educational programme offered via the Site, educate Students and – where possible – monitor Students’ progress and to provide a platform for Students and Alumni; and
b. for commercial, advertising and marketing purposes in accordance with the applicable law.
- For the purpose as described under 1.a), KIC: (i) collects, stores and further processes the Data in Records (i.e one or more records of Data as kept and Processed by KIC or the Processor as defined under 4.), such as but not limited to the Partner Institutions of KIC involved in the Consortium set up for the KIC educational programmes and the administrative units thereof); (ii) monitors Students and Alumni’s by using the Data in student tracking tools; (iii) responsibly shares the Data with the Partners (i.e. any of KIC’s partners as defined in Annex II of the EIT KIC InnoEnergy Framework Partnership Agreement) and Students of the same KIC Educational programme as the Data Subject; (iv) responsibly uses the Data to send to the Data Subjects information about KIC, KIC projects or one or more of KIC SE’s educational programmes, job offers, newsletters and other periodicals and (v) provides access to the Data as defined in 7.). For the purpose as described under 1.b), KIC: (a) collects, stores and further processes the Data in Records; (b) responsibly uses the Data to send e-mails with advertising to the Data Subjects; and (c) responsibly shares the Data with the Partners (i.e. any of KIC’s partners as defined in Annex II of the EIT KIC InnoEnergy Framework Partnership Agreement).
- KIC compiles statistical information from the Data, on an anonymous basis in accordance with the applicable law.
- The Processing as described in 1 and 2 above can be done by either the KIC as Controller or by a Processor (i.e. any person or legal entity engaged by KIC for Processing, and not being an employee nor otherwise subjected to the authority of KIC or KIC’s Executive Board or any of its members) engaged to that end. “Process” or “Processing” shall mean each (set of) action(s) as regards to the Data, including, but not limited to, the collecting, recording, sorting, keeping, updating, amending, retrieving, consulting, using, provisioning by way of forwarding or other way of dissemination, gathering, linking, protecting, blocking, erasing or destroying of Data.
- With respect to pictures or movies being taken or shot during the KIC education programmes in which the Data Subject is participating, in which the Data Subject would be easily recognizable, the Data Subject always remains free not to participate in a photograph or in a movie, on the spot. Should the Data Subject voluntarily or not participate in a photograph or movie in which he/she is easily recognizable, or provide himself/herself a photograph or movie to KIC, the Data Subject hereby explicitly and unequivocally agrees to the royalty free use of its photographs and movie image by KIC for advertising purposes and, for that purpose, waives the right to invoke any and all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to portrait rights, against KIC, as regards to any photograph or movie image that was submitted by the Data Subject to KIC, and/or made of the Data Subject by KIC.
- At the first request of Data Subject, Data will be removed from the Records, unless the preservation is required by law or for the purpose of the Records themselves. The request shall be addressed to: KIC InnoEnergy SE / Kennispoort / John F. Kennedylaan 2 / 5612 AB Eindhoven / The Netherlands. Any refusal to remove or delete (parts of) Data will be substantiated in terms of necessity to preserve the Data, notwithstanding the Data Subject’s request for removal or deletion.
- The Data Subject hereby grants its explicit and unambiguous consent that a) KIC and Processors Process the Data as described above and b) KIC submits the Data to the Partners and Students of the same KIC Educational programme as the Data Subject for the sole purposes described above, and grants his/her consent to KIC and the Partners and Students of the same KIC Educational programme as the Data Subject to use the Data to directly contact him/her, in accordance with applicable law, with newsletters, project information, job offers or similar communications for the aforementioned purposes.
- The Data Subject may, while observing reasonable intervals, each time request from KIC to be informed as regards to whether any Data relating to him/her is being Processed, which request should be addressed to the addressee as described in 6.) above. KIC shall inform the Data Subject, within four (4) weeks after the receipt of such a request, of whether any Data relating to him/her is being Processed, and, if so and where applicable, provide a specification of that Data, a description of the objectives or purposes of its Processing, the possible categories of Processed Data, the persons who are meant to receive the Data and a description of the origins of the Data. The Data Subject who has been informed as described above may request KIC to correct, supplement, remove, or protect (parts of) the specified Data if that Data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant for the objectives and purposes for which it was being Processed, or if the Processing would otherwise be unlawful. KIC will inform the Data Subject in writing within four (4) weeks after the receipt of a request as described above of whether his/her request will be met. If KIC decides not to meet the request made the refusal shall be motivated. If KIC decides to meet the request made the necessary measures will be taken as soon as reasonably possible.
- KIC may use “cookies” (small pieces of data stored on the Data Subject’s computer) or similar tools using anonymized information to enable the Data Subject to sign in to certain services to protect both the Data Subject and KIC, help make KIC services easier to use or tailor the Data Subject’s experience, or for analytics to help KIC understand how users engage with the KIC services and to improve their features. KIC uses, just as almost all websites, Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” (text files placed on the Data Subject’s computer) to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about the Data Subject’s use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google and saved on servers in the United States. Google uses this information to keep track of how the Data Subject uses the website, compile statistical reports on website activity for website owners and offer other services regarding website activity and internet usage. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or insofar these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate the Data Subject’s IP address with any other data held by Google. THE DATA SUBJECT CAN DISABLE COOKIES BY CHOOSING THE APPROPRIATE SETTINGS IN THE DATA SUBJECT BROWSER. In that case the Data Subject might not be able to use the full functionality of this website. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, THE DATA SUBJECT ACCEPT THE PROCESSING OF DATA BY GOOGLE IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE INTENDED PURPOSES AND AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.