Find out more about the technical and business content of the MSc SENSE programme, the Master’s thesis, and course structure and syllabus.
Innovative ideas. Creative engineers. The smart grid of the future.
The Master’s in Smart Electrical Networks and Systems (MSc SENSE) is the starting point for your career in engineering, designing or managing the smart electrical grids of the future. As new technologies transform the energy infrastructure and enable greater use of renewables and more efficient energy consumption, the opportunities for innovative ideas, new businesses and creative engineers are growing.
This programme develops your skills in electrical power engineering, business skills, and innovation management. By connecting you to the leading players in Europe’s transition to smarter grids, MSc SENSE places you at the heart of the international power industry.
Throughout the programme you will have exceptional opportunities to engage directly with major commercial and research organisations that are actively involved in advancing technologies for smart grids and systems. ABB, Vattenfall and the Catalonia Institute for Energy Research (IREC) are all involved in the programme, alongside smaller niche players and start-ups in the smart grid ecosystem.
MSc SENSE is an international programme for an international industry. You will join students from all over the world for two years at two different universities and one of Europe’s leading business schools. After successfully completing the programme and your thesis, you will receive a double diploma in the form of a Master’s degree from two of the following institutions:
- International Master of Science in Electrical Engineering for Smart Grids and Buildings, from INP: Grenoble Institute of Technology, France
- Master of Science, from KTH: Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Master of Engineering: Energy, from KU Leuven, Belgium
- Master of Electrical Engineering, from TU/e: Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Master of Energy Engineering, from UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, Spain
The MSc SENSE programme is labeled by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).