Find out more about the technical and business content of the MSc SELECT programme, your international study journey, potential summer schools, your Master’s thesis, and details of the programme’s structure, teaching methods, and syllabus.
Real-world energy challenges. Collaborative solutions. A sustainable tomorrow
The Master’s in Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems (MSc SELECT) is for engineers who want immediate, hands-on experience of solving real-world energy challenges.
As an MSc SELECT student, you explore the societal aspects of a changing energy landscape, while adding depth to your engineering knowledge. With our industry partners, you will explore the real environmental and economic impacts of renewable energy projects.
MSc SELECT equips you with critical skills such as analysing and solving problems, advanced team-building, and international cooperation. By completing this programme you are perfectly placed to drive the transition to future sustainable energy systems and so minimise the environmental impact throughout the energy supply chain.
Throughout the programme, you will have unrivalled opportunities to engage directly with major industrial players, as well as smaller actors, NGOs and start-ups in the field of sustainable energy. You will be able to share ideas, learn from their experiences, and gain invaluable insight into the transition from basic renewable energy sources to fully sustainable energy systems. Recent partners have included: SWECO, Estabanell Energia, Jardfeingi, and Fortum.
You will join students from all over the world at two different universities and one of Europe’s leading business schools. Thanks to the quality of the theoretical and practical technical education, innovation management and business skills, our students and graduates have also won several prestigious prizes over the years. Recent examples include:
- EDP University Challenge 2013
- Emprèn Contest 2013
- EIT Change Award 2015
- MIT Climate CoLab Energy Supply Contest 2016
- Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe: Social Entrepreneurs Competition 2016
After successfully completing the programme and your thesis, you will receive a Master’s degree from two of the following institutions:
- Master of Science (Technology), from Aalto University, Finland
- Master of Engineering, from AGH: University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Master in Energy Engineering and Management, from IST: Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Master of Science, KTH: Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Master of Science in Energy and Nuclear Engineering, from PoliTo: Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Technology, from TU/e: Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Master in Energy Engineering, from UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, Spain
The EIT Label is a quality seal awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) to a KIC educational programme that has been assessed positively by the EIT on the implementation of the EIT Quality Assurance and Learning Enhancement (EIT QALE) system and the application of specific quality criteria with focus on the EIT Overarching Learning Outcomes (EIT OLOs), robust entrepreneurship education, highly integrated, innovative ‘learning-by-doing’ curricula, international mobility and outreach. For more information please check here.