Find out more about the technical and business content of the MSc SELECT programme, teaching methods, Master’s thesis, and course structure and syllabus.
Real-world energy challenges. Collaborative solutions. A sustainable tomorrow.
The Master’s in Environomical Pathways for Sustainable Energy Systems (MSc SELECT) is for engineers who want immediate, hands-on experience of solving real-world energy challenges. Sharing their inspiration with industrial partners, MSc SELECT students explore the societal aspects of a changing energy landscape and the environmental impacts of renewable energy projects, while adding depth to their engineering knowledge.
Equipping you with additional skills in problem analysis and solving, advanced team-building, and international cooperation, completing this programme means you are perfectly placed to help drive the transition to future sustainable energy systems.
Throughout the programme, you will have unrivalled opportunities to engage directly with major industrial players, as well as smaller actors, NGOs and start-ups in the field of sustainable energy. Recent partners have included: ABB, SWECO, Estabanell Energia, the National Property Board of Sweden, Jardfeingi, Fortum and Vattenfall. You will be able to share ideas, learn from their experiences, and gain invaluable insight into the journey from basic renewable energy sources to future sustainable energy systems. Your goal is minimal environmental impact from primary fuel source to delivered service.
You will join students from all over the world at two different universities and one of Europe’s leading business schools. After successfully completing the programme and your thesis, you will receive a Master’s degree from two of the following institutions in the form of a double diploma:
- Master of Engineering, from AGH: University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Master of Energy Engineering and Management, from IST: Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Master of Science, KTH: Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Master of Science in Engineering Sustainable Energy Technology, from TU/e: Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands
- Master of Energy Engineering, from UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, Spain
- Master of Science, from PoliTo: Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Master of Science, from Aalto University, Finland
The MSc SELECT programme is labeled by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).