One of the world’s leading Master’s programmes for renewable energy, MSc RENE takes you across Europe to explore the future of sustainable energy systems.
Giving you a unique education comprising industrial practice, innovation and entrepreneurship expertise, and advanced leadership skills, complemented by the active participation of InnoEnergy industrial partners MSc RENE enables you to launch your career in a wide range of renewable energy businesses or research settings.
In particular, you will gain:
- Broad knowledge of sustainable energy systems and sources, and the ability to judge the technical, economical, social, and environmental impacts of each.
- Deep understanding of individual renewable energy technologies, as well as energy management, planning, economy and market contexts.
- Analytical capabilities, enabling you to formulate and manage technical problems from a system perspective and to solve problems around energy conversion, transportation, storage and utilisation.
- Interpersonal skills, including leadership, project management, team working, business management, and communication.
- The ability to think beyond boundaries and to generate new ideas and create new or significantly improved products, services, processes, and businesses.
- An understanding of cutting-edge research and innovation methods, business management, and business creation principles.
A double degree
The MSc RENE programme requires you to study at two separate universities in two different countries. The programme gives you the opportunity to start building your international network by working closely with fellow students from around the world, while the business-focused elements of the curriculum explore how to work in and manage multi-cultural teams.
You spend your first year at one of the following institutions, and your second year at another:
- IST: Instituto Superior Técnico, in Lisbon, Portugal
- KTH: Royal Institute of Technology, in Stockholm, Sweden
- École Polytechnique, Université Paris-Saclay, in Paris, France
- UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, in Spain
After successfully completing the programme, you will receive a degree from each of your chosen universities:
- IST: Master of Energy Engineering and Management
- KTH: Master of Science, fromKTH: Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- École Polytechnique: Graduate Degree Programme in Energy Environment: Science Technology and Management (STEEM)
- UPC: Master of Energy Engineering
You also receive a diploma from ESADE and from the Católica Lisbon School.