From Poland to Portugal, the MSc energy Transition programme takes you on a learning journey across Europe to explore the future of fossil-based power systems in our world.
The perfect launch pad for a career in energy production, environmental protection and the transformation of power systems from fossil to renewable fuels, the MSc in Energy Transition empowers you with the advanced understanding of engineering and the innovation management and business skills that top recruiters demand.
In particular you will gain:
- In-depth understanding of the principles and practices of the operational stages of low-emission combustion, as well as clean-fossil and new-generation fuels.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest renewable technologies and how they work alongside other energy sources like biomass and waste-to-energy systems.
- Experience of evaluating economic, policy and regulatory frameworks for implementing clean-fossil and next-generation fuel projects – and the ability to engage positively with politicians, engineers and regulators among others.
- Proficiency in developing and following a business plan designed within the energy field.
- Familiarity with effective problem solving and team-working, as well as extensive leadership skills.
A double degree
You study at two different universities in two different countries.
The programme gives you the opportunity to start building your international network, working closely with fellow students from around the world, while the business-focused elements of the curriculum explore how to work in and manage multi-cultural teams.
You have the choice of studying at AGH: University of Science and Technology or SUT: Silesian University of Technology in your first year. In the second year, all students study at IST: Instituto Superior Técnico in Lisbon, Portugal. You also undertake a weeklong course in entrepreneurship at the Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics in Portugal.
After successfully completing the programme, you graduate with a prestigious qualification from each of your chosen universities, which form your double degree:
- AGH: Master of Engineering
- SUT: Master of Engineering
- IST: Master of Energy Engineering and Management
Once you complete the programme, you will also receive a PRINCE2 Management Method Certificate (foundation and practitioner), a certificate in entrepreneurship from the Cátolica Business School and the InnoEnergy Certificate in Business & Entrepreneurship Excellence.
Would you like to know more about the programme? Leave your details and we will contact you soon.