Find out more about the technical and business content of the MSc ENTECH programme, your international study journey, your Master’s thesis, and details of the programme’s structure and syllabus.
Energy technologies. Inspirational partners. Your own sustainable network
A fast-changing industry that must address global challenges, the energy sector of the future will be built by people with diverse skills, technical knowledge and innovative ideas. The Master’s in Energy Technologies (MSc ENTECH) enables you to explore a broad range of energy technologies, engineering disciplines, and business models – and to understand how they all come together to create a more sustainable energy sector.
With a strong focus on innovative problem solving, building effective international teams, and finding inspiration from fellow students, industry partners, SMEs and start-ups, this programme helps you find your unique role in the energy industry.
MSc ENTECH focuses on inter-disciplinary practice, integrating creative, entrepreneurial and leadership skills with the creation of new ideas, innovative products, services, processes and solutions. The programme gives you exceptional opportunities to engage with real-world challenges and the industry players attempting to solve them. Companies like Siemens, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Vattenfall, Schneider Electric and others have all been involved in the programme at various levels.
With their knowledge and skill, MSc ENTECH students have been successful at several competitions and won prestigious awards. These include:
- SKAPA award for Allen Mohammadi in 2015
- Iberdrola Energy Challenge in 2016
- Forbes 30 under 30 and World’s Innovator Race 2017 won by Allen Mohammadi with his start-up Hippogriff
- 3rd prize at Munich Startup Weekend for Anand Narasipuram in 2017, who is now working on his start-up Smartivate
- winning teams at EEHack Berlin 2017 and 2018
MSc ENTECH is an international programme for an international industry. You will join students from all over the world at two different universities and one of Europe’s leading business schools. After successfully completing the programme and your thesis, you will receive a double degree in the form of a Master’s qualification from two of the following institutions:
- Master of Science in Fluid Mechanics and Energetics, from Grenoble INP: Institute of Technology, France
- Master of Energy Engineering and Management, from IST: Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Master of Science, from KIT: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Master of Science in Energy Technology, from UU: Uppsala University, Sweden
The EIT Label is a quality seal awarded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) to a KIC educational programme that has been assessed positively by the EIT on the implementation of the EIT Quality Assurance and Learning Enhancement (EIT QALE) system and the application of specific quality criteria with focus on the EIT Overarching Learning Outcomes (EIT OLOs), robust entrepreneurship education, highly integrated, innovative ‘learning-by-doing’ curricula, international mobility and outreach. For more information please check here.