Find out more about the technical and business content of the MSc Energy Storage programme, your international study journey, your Master’s thesis, and details of the programme’s structure and syllabus.
Prepare for a world of unprecedented possibilities.
Energy storage is at a tipping point.
As global demand for distributed renewable energy systems soars, the energy storage market is set to follow suit and grow exponentially in the next few years. In Europe alone, battery represents a €250 billion opportunity today and is forecast to create more than 100,000 new jobs every year from 2020.
Energy storage touches every discipline in clean energy generation. Present at every step of the renewable energy value chain, it is the key to energy sustainability worldwide. Demand is becoming critical for engineers with the specialised yet transversal technical skills as well as the business and entrepreneurial talent to address new challenges, find new solutions. And drive the global energy transition of the future.
The Master’s in Energy Storage is a new-generation learning journey that equips you with the tools to meet these challenges, and to launch a world-class career at the forefront of this most dynamic and fast-evolving space. Delivered by InnoEnergy, global pioneers in sustainable energy education, the Master’s in Energy Storage leverages a unique global network and unparalleled expertise. It empowers you to:
- Master the complete array of conversion and storage technologies
- Specialise in one of two critical fields: stationary applications or electric mobility
- Build leading-edge business and entrepreneurial skills
And leverage a future world of possibilities at the tipping point in sustainable global energy.
Master’s in Energy Storage students are pioneers. You will join a cohort of international students from all over the world who share a vision: to master next-generation technical and business skills, address the emerging challenges and leverage the enormous opportunities that energy storage represents.
The Master’s in Energy Storage programme draws fully the industry-acclaimed InnoEnergy network. You spend two years at two of Europe’s foremost universities and your learning journey in enriched by:
- Industry internships
- Input and insight from industry experts
- Real-world case studies
- Field trips and site visits
- Hands-on challenges and project work
- Exposure to InnoEnergy network including the European Battery Alliance – at the very forefront of energy storage in Europe
You graduate with a double degree from two of the following universities:
- Master of Energy Engineering and Managment , from Instituto Tecnico Superior, Lisbon, Portugal
- Master of Science (Technology), from Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland
- Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Technology, from Tu/e Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, Netherlands