The MSc Energy for Smart Cities programme takes you across Europe to explore the future of urban living and the resources that will support it.
Giving you an advanced education in all relevant engineering topics, plus solid training in a variety of in-demand business skills – including innovation management –the MSc Energy for Smart Cities is the ideal launchpad for a career in urban planning and development, energy system design and implementation, policy-making and management, or further research.
In particular you will gain:
- Deep knowledge of electrical energy processing, mechanical technology, and applied thermodynamics, plus the design and operation of electrical and mechanical energy systems
- Understanding of wider socio-economic contexts and insight into ethical, social and economic frameworks for sustainable energy in the smart-city context
- Communications skills that allow you to discuss ideas with a non-technical audiences and to present ideas and innovative solutions in a structured way
- An open, analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to gather and apply new insights, methodologies and results in a research or professional context
- Executive, management and entrepreneurial skills and an understanding where and how to use them
- The critical ability to understand, assess and pursue the social role of the engineer
A double degree
You study at two separate universities in two different countries. The programme gives you the opportunity to start building your international network by working closely with fellow students from around the world, while the business-focused elements of the curriculum explore how to work in and manage multi-cultural teams.
You can choose two of the following universities:
- INP: Grenoble Institute of Technology, France
- KTH: Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, Spain
After successfully completing the MSc Energy for Smart Cities programme, you will receive a degree from each of your chosen universities.
- INP: International Master of Science in Electrical Engineering for Smart Grids and Buildings
- KTH: Master of Science
- KU Leuven: Master of Science: Energy
- UPC: Master of Energy Engineering