The MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MIE) – a one-year master programme aimed at participants from various academic backgrounds looking to take their career in a new, more innovative direction, with a special track for those students who want to follow a professional career in the field of sustainable energy.
For those looking to go into corporate innovation management, either by creating new business or joining companies in this field, who need the tools and skills necessary to develop business ideas and to foster a ‘can do’ entrepreneurial mentality for new business enterprises.
Participants will learn the essentials of entrepreneurial management and explore the areas of opportunity evaluation, business model design and project implementation. The perfect platform to work alongside and exchange ideas with classmates from a wide range of academic backgrounds, ranging from engineering and sciences to management, allowing the student to gain in global perspective, whilst also specializing in one of the following functional areas:
- Track 1. Innovation management
- Track 2. Corporate innovation and intrapreneurship
- Track 3. Entrepreneurship
- Innovation management: systems, models & processes
- Exploring the opportunity: technology & markets
- Creative thinking: applying creative thinking to generate novel solutions
- Creating value through business models
- Business in society
- Implementing innovation (processes, tools and organizational structures)
- Open innovation and corporate entrepreneurship
- Measuring innovation
- New product development and service innovation
- Marketing for start-ups
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Innovation management
- Corporate innovation and intrapreneurship:
Participants will be prepared to lead and manage innovation in all its fields: from the creation of new business ventures to the management of innovation systems within companies (new products, services, business models and processes), with the possibility to specialise in sustainable energy innovation and entrepreneurship.
Innovation and entrepreneurship are the basis for a bright future. To innovate is to take business to the next level, with new and fresh ideas. Here are some examples of the sort of role in which our MIE graduates could go on to develop their careers:
- Innovation managers
- Innovation consultants
- Technology transfer officers or knowledge and innovation transfer officers (in research centers and universities and hospitals)
- Outsource R&D manager or open innovation manager
- Business development manager
- Manager in a venture capital firm or found
- Innovation analyst
- Innovation ecosystem managers
- Innovators brokers
The programme is taught at ESADE’s Sant Cugat campus (Barcelona) and includes an international study tour related to sustainable energy.
As a founding and sole Spanish member of CEMS (the Global Alliance in Management Education), ESADE offers the opportunity of combining the MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship with the CEMS Master in International Management (MIM), thus obtaining two highly prestigious international qualifications. In the final part of the programme, students have the opportunity to participate in an international exchange programme with one of the academic partners forming part of the CEMS network.
- Candidates should be fluent in English
- No professional experience is required
- Candidates should possess a degree in Business Management, Engineering, Science or Design
- Candidates with no previous background in management are required to complete the Management Immersion Programme. This is an intensive summer programme designed to give students a basic knowledge of the fundamentals of business, to allow them enrol on the MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship