A new standard for human resources, due diligence for early start-ups
E2Talent® measures the entrepreneurial skills of individuals and team dynamics within a start-up, evaluating their potential of success and ultimately supporting the decision-making process for VC companies and accelerators.
Lower the risk of investing
A start-up’s success – or failure – depends on its people and their entrepreneurial skills. InnoEnergy and ESADE Business School’s Leadership Development Research Centre have joined forces to bring you E2Talent®, a tool that measures the individual and team competencies that have been identified in successful entrepreneurs and teams.
E2Talent® proposes a set of tools to measure skills such as performance expectations, adaptability, and capacity, through a series of surveys and simulations.
Eighteen distinct key skill sets can be identified, all of which have been proven to predict the success of a start-up.
In addition, E2Talent® enables you to assess key aspects of team dynamics which are crucial to the development of a start-up, such as the leadership dynamics within the team, how they solve problems, complementarity of skills and missing competencies within the team. The results can then be used to build a competency improvement plan.
E2Talent® can also alert you about potentially incompatible team members or those who may struggle to be coached.
E2Talent® is for
- Investors: venture capital companies, business angels and corporate ventures
- Business incubators and accelerators
- Government agencies and programmes to support entrepreneurship
- Universities and research centres with acceleration programmes for student/researcher-founded start-ups
- HR consultants that assess entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial teams
E2Talent® can be used for
- Selection purposes: it supports decision making when selecting start-ups
- Competencies development: the tools can be used for building a competency improvement plan for entrepreneurs
- Continuous evaluation process: the tools can be used to track the improvement of entrepreneur competencies over time
Rigorous. E2Talent® was developed using a rigorous research protocol to identify the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and pinpoint how they are different from unsuccessful entrepreneurs and people who are not entrepreneurs.
Robust. E2Talent® measurements are taken using three different instruments: biographical and personality questionnaires; an online in-basket job simulation; and a structured interview. The data is then cross-validated for particularly robust results.
For individuals and teams. E2Talent® can be used to assess several aspects of team dynamics identified as crucial to the development of a start-up:
• Complementarity of skills within a team
• Missing competencies within the team
• Incompatible team members
• Uncoachable team/individuals
The results can then be used to build a competency development plan.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org